- 3 large tomatoes, cored, halved, and grilled/charred, skins removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet or red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, deveined, and minced fine
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- To prepare the tomatoes, chop them in half, core them, place them cut side down on a baking sheet, and broil until the skins are slightly blackened and slip off easily (careful, hot!). Let the excess juice drain a bit in a colander (while they cool) before you chop them.
- Combine the first six ingredients. Juice the lime and add the juice. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavours merge.
- one medium mango
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet or red onion
- 2 tsp diced jalapeno (seeds removed)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 lime
- Chop the first five ingredients into small pieces (1/4 to 1/2 inch, smaller for the jalapeno), and combine in a bowl, stirring well. Juice the lime and add the juice to the mix.
- Best if you let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavours mix.