- One large yellow onion
- 3-4 Tbsp Coconut oil or olive oil or lard/bacon fat
- 4 chicken breasts, skin and bone removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder (or more if you like it curry-er)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 small can tomato paste
1. Put the oil in a good-sized pan or wok. Quarter the onion and thinly slice it.
2. Put the onion slices in the oil over medium heat.
3. Once the onion is waxy, add the chicken and garlic.
4. Mix the curry powder with a bit of the coconut milk in a bowl.
5. Once the chicken is no longer pink, add the coconut milk and curry powder, bring to a boil, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Add the can of tomato paste and simmer a while longer - it should be a nice, thick sauce.
7. Serve - best over either cauliflower "rice" or shirataki noodles.