- One pound (500 g) brussel sprouts
- 3 Tbsp bacon grease (reserved from when you last made bacon, or substitute olive oil), melted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh-ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut off the stem-ends from the brussel sprouts, remove any yellow leaves or insect-eaten bits, and cut into halves.
- Toss with the grease, salt, and pepper, and spread onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, tossing occasionally. There should be blackened bits in places when they're done, and the sprouts themselves will be soft.