One of the things we do buy in the pre-packaged bags of vegetables is "broccoli-slaw". Basically, it's shredded "hearts" (AKA stems) of broccoli, carrot, and red cabbage. If you added some mayonnaise it probably wouldn't be bad, but if you saute it up, it's pretty darn good, in my opinion.
- 3 Tbsp oil (coconut, olive, or similar - you can also try a "chili oil" for a spicier dish)
- 1 medium onion, skinned and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 x 340g (12oz) bag of "broccoli slaw"
- juice of one lemon or lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the onion in half, remove the peel, and then slice into thin "half-rings".
- Heat the oil in a saute pan or wok.
- Saute the onion in the oil. Add the garlic after a couple of minutes.
- Add the bag of broccoli slaw and saute.
- When it's just about done, pour the citrus juice in and mix well.
- Season to taste.