- 6 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 to 2 bags frozen(*) peach slices (about 600g each, about 2 to 3 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup palm sugar (coconut sugar)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk (shake well first)
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Put the coconut oil in a deep baking dish or dutch oven, and place it in the oven to heat up.
- In a saucepan, combine the frozen peaches, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Bring the peaches etc. to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cashew butter, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and coconut milk. Mix until well-combined.
- When the peaches and spices have simmered for 10 minutes, take the baking dish out of the oven, and CAREFULLY pour the peach mixture in. The coconut oil will be hot, so it will make quite a lot of noise and could splash up a bit -- use care in this step.
- Once things have calmed down in the baking dish, spoon the batter over top, trying to get an even layer covering all of the peach mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or so, until the top is nice and brown.
- Serve warm.
(*) = I'm a huge fan of Alton Brown's. He recommends using frozen peaches for this sort of thing, because the freezing process ruptures some of the cell walls and releases more juice during cooking. I'd have to agree.