- Olive oil or other fat/oil suitable for cooking (bacon fat...?)
- 1.5 to 2 pounds (0.75 to 1kg) lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small cabbage, diced (or 1/2 a large cabbage, diced)
- 1 large (28 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large pot, heat the oil and onions until the onions are waxy.
- Add the garlic and saute another minute or so.
- Add the ground beef and heat (stirring) until browned.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the pot.
- Let simmer at least 30 minutes.