Monday, August 18, 2014

Product Review - Paleo Pizza Crust

I've previously posted my own recipe for meat-zza, and while it's pretty darn good, sometimes you want chewy-crust PIZZA.  Well, recently I was wandering through Low-Carb Grocery (*) up in Markham, and I ran across Paleo Pizza Crust Mix by Julian Bakery (*).  We've made it a few times now, and I have to admit - it's VERY close to wheat-flour-based pizza, at least in terms of texture and taste.

It's simple to make - add half a cup of water, mix well, roll out to a 14" crust, poke all over with a fork, bake for about 10 minutes, add your toppings, and bake again for about 12 more minutes.  Share and enjoy!  It's a bit high in carbohydrates if you're counting - 12 grams "net carbs" per 1/12 of the mix, but the carbs come from almond flour, arrowroot flour, and pumpkin powder, so they should be relatively innocuous.

My only complaint is that the raw dough is very sticky - so here's a work-around:  roll it out between two large sheets of parchment paper!

(*) = Note that I have not received any promotional consideration from either Low-Carb Grocery or Julian Bakery for this posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment