- 100 mL water
- 100 mL real maple syrup
- juice of one orange (I used a Valencia one, that's all the grocery store had)
- zest from the same orange (extract this BEFORE you juice it, of course)
- 1 x 12-ounce bag frozen cranberries (or use fresh - again, limited grocery store selection)
- Combine the water, maple syrup, and orange juice in a pot on the stove over medium heat, and bring it just to a simmer.
- Add the cranberrries and zest and bring it back to a simmer.
- Keep a close eye on it, stirring occasionally. Soon the cranberries will start to "pop".
- Once the cranberries are all done popping, simmer for a few more minutes, then remove from heat, place in an appropriate container, and refrigerate.