- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups cored and chopped tomatoes with seeds (or use a can of chopped tomatoes)
- 3 or 4 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored and diced
- 2-3 bunches of rosemary - pull the leaves from the woody stems and finely mince said leaves
- In a deep pan (dutch oven or large saucepan, for example), sweat the onion in oil over medium-high heat until it's waxy. Add the garlic, and continue cooking for a minute or so. Be careful not to let the garlic burn!
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and turn down to medium-low heat.
- Simmer for at least half an hour, stirring occasionally. We'll often simmer it for an hour or more.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
As good as this is fresh, it's even better re-warmed the next day.