- 2 small oranges, seedless variety
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 0.75 cups honey
- 2 cups almond flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Wash the oranges well, and remove the produce stickers if present.
- Boil the oranges (yes, whole) in a pot full of water for about 90 minutes, until nice and soft, then let them cool.
- Preheat an oven to 375F.
- Process the oranges in a food processor until nice and smooth.
- Gradually add all of the other ingredients, "pulsing" the food processor to combine.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan (okay, I used an 8 inch pan - still worked just fine).
- Pour all the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the proverbial toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least a couple of hours in the pan.
- (Still to come) Ice your cake with a nice paleo chocolate frosting...