- 2 pounds stewing beef, diced into bite-sized pieces (or use lean ground beef)
- 2-3 small cooking onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2-3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp chili powder (or more, if you like it hotter)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine (or just use a tsp of garlic powder)
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in your slow-cooker (AKA "crockpot"). I usually put the meat in first.
- Cook on low heat 8 hours or until done. It's not precise, sorry. Season with the salt, pepper, and hot sauce just before you serve.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or on its own. Put cheese on it if you want. Or sour cream. Whatever floats your boat.
Yeah, it's that easy. It's chili, it's not supposed to be complicated!