First up, these chocolate banana squares!
Ingredients for Squares
- 2 large REALLY ripe bananas - more brown than yellow, ideally
- 0.5 cup crunchy-type almond butter
- 3 eggs
- 0.25 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (Krisda brand is sweetened with stevia)
Ingredients for Topping
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (as always, the darker the better! 😊)
- 0.5 Tbsp palm shortening (or butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with coconut oil (probably not the healthiest option, but I use the spray stuff)
- Peel the bananas, and mush 'em up real good.
- Combine the banana mush with the rest of the square ingredients, except the chocolate chips. Mix well until it's a consistent batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, mix thoroughly.
- Dump the whole thing into your greased-up pan, and spread evenly in the pan
- Bake for about 18 minutes.
- Let cool, and cut into squares.
- Put the squares side-by-side on a piece of parchment for this next bit.
- Melt the topping ingredients together in the top of a double boiler, and mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Drizzle the melted topping over the squares.
- Let stand until the topping has hardened.