- About 750 grams (1.5 pounds) assorted dried fruits - I used candied orange peel (diced), sultana raisins, Thompson raisins, yellow raisins, currants, prunes, dried cranberries (sweetened with apple juice), dried cherries, dried apricots, apple chips (smashed into crumbs), diced dried mango, and dried pineapple
- 175g coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice plus 1/2 cup pineapple juice (you can substitute water for either/both, but you'll lose a bit of flavour)
- 1 jar St Dalfour no-added-sugar orange marmalade (or 200g of other NSA marmalade)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- Combine all the dried fruit, the coconut oil, coconut sugar, juice/water, and marmalade in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring up to a simmer and keep it there for about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- While that's cooling, preheat the oven to 300F and line your springform cake tin with parchment paper.
- Once the fruit mixture has cooled, mix in the almond flour, cinnamon, and ginger. Then beat in your eggs.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 60 to 80 minutes. Mine was done at 70 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely in the cake tin.